Author Brené Brown, Ph.D says that sharing your story with those who have not earned a seat at your table is an act of treason to your authentic self, yet here I am, posting/blogging for the world to see. I have kept written journals for years, so why am I making the transition to online? Why now? The major reason is my hands. In the past year I have injured both of them in some way, and it just hurts to hold a pen and write for any length of time.
As I mentioned in my last post, giving up Facebook had opened the door to awareness (A New Earth, Tolle) so how exactly is blogging, another online presence, going to allow for this transformation to continue? Am I exchanging one for another? Well, I am continuing to write at a designated time, just not by hand on paper.
Yes, I get the irony: I'm sharing my story with the online world at large, people I don't even know, so how am I honoring my story without sacrificing myself in the process? I guess that's what this is all about. Being vulnerable in a place that is the most anonymous of all.
No comments:
Post a Comment